We all know that beans, beans are good for the heart, the more you eat the more you……but they’re also a student store cupboard staple that can be eaten morning, noon and night.
Rather than pairing them with toast and butter, why not get a bit more creative and try one of these recipes a try. You can even make them from scratch. Very impressive!
1. Corned beef hash with baked beans – this recipe makes enough for six people so you and your roomies can definitely tuck into a hearty meal
2. Baked bean curry, an Indian twist to a regular tin of beans. Also serves six.
3. Spice up your beans with this spicy bean burger recipe. Makes eight burgers.
4. Go meat-free with these BBQ beans and smashed sweet potato recipe. Serves six.
5. For ‘posh’ baked beans why not try making them from scratch with this American-inspired recipe.